For anyone trying to eat healthy, but they don’t think they have the time to cook a home made nutritious meal, getting a toaster oven may be the perfect option. Not only are they fast, convenient, and easy to use, but today’s top models can handle many of the cooking jobs of your full sized oven. They are more energy efficient as they tend to pre-heat faster as well. There are numerous reasons why you should consider getting one of these small appliances for your kitchen. There are also plenty of fabulous recipes that you can try to avoid getting bored. If you have not looked at toaster ovens in awhile you might be surprised by what the current models are able to achieve. Below are just some of the better options currently available.
Breville Smart Toaster Ovens
Breville is a world famous company that makes extremely modern and advanced small kitchen appliances. They have a reputation for having sleek styling coupled with state of the art features in their machines. Their line of countertop kitchen ovens is a perfect example of this.
Breville BOV450XL Mini
This model is ideal for smaller spaces like dorm rooms or kitchens where there is just not a lot of counter space to spare. Some of the features of this little powerhouse include:
- Fits four pieces of toast or a small pizza.
- Smart oven that will automatically adjust cooking temperature for even cooking.
- LCD display that shows cook timer, temperature, and settings.
- Pre-set cooking modes for easy use.
- Quartz heating elements that can change quickly to different cooking needs.
The BOV450XL is a favorite among college students who need something small enough for the confined space of a dorm room, yet powerful enough to cook healthy and delicious meals for 1 or two people. This is one of the best selling toaster ovens as it provides exceptional value for the money.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven
This is the largest model in the company’s line of toaster ovens. It is large, versatile, and it features a convection cooking setting for supreme performance. Some other things that set this unit apart include;
- Can fit 6 slices of bread or a medium sized pizza.
- Convection heating that circulates hot air while cooking to provide an even on both sides result. Do not have to worry about hot spots or one side being over or under cooked.
- Element IQ is Brevilles name for the technology that will auto adjust the temperature inside of the oven based on what is being cooked. A true hands off approach that makes using it truly hassle-free.
- Features 9 different cooking modes that can be set with the turn of the dial.
- LCD screen that is easy to read and use. See everything that the oven is doing and easily adjust if needed.
- Modern stainless steel design is an ideal compliment to just about any type of kitchen.
The BOV800XL is rated as the top convection oven by literally thousands of owners. Toaster oven review sites routinely have this as their number one ranked countertop oven based on user feedback. This particular model continues to be showered with excellent customer ratings.
Cuisinart TOB-135 and TOB-195 Toaster Ovens
Cuisinart is another highly regarded manufacturer of small kitchen appliances. Their toaster oven line is also popular with owners and two of their top models include the TOB-135 and TOB-195. The main differences between these are their design and their controls. The cooking performance, however, is impressive and these would make great additions to any home.
- Enough room for 6 slices of toast and a medium pizza. Big enough to prepare meals for a medium sized family.
- Convection baking functionality to ensure even cooking on both sides of the food.
- Stainless steel styling that looks good and provides a durable, easy to clean oven.
- TOB-135 has an LCD screen and backlit buttons while the TOB-195 had its controls at the bottom.
- Pre-set cooking modes for added convenience.
- Great performance while cooking, baking, broiling, and roasting. Great for serious amateur chefs.
These models are just as impressive as the Breville ovens and they provide a great alternative to using a full sized oven for smaller cooking jobs. Cuisinart ovens may also be a little more budget friendly as well to add to their overall value for owners. To see how these small kitchen appliances compare to other models visit http://www.gouverneurtimes.com for current toaster oven reviews and ratings. These two oven makers are the most popular brands on the market and should get the most consideration.
Do I Really Need To Get A Counterop Oven?
If you have a full sized oven then you really do not need a toaster oven. However, these smaller ovens do have a number of benefits that make them desirable alternatives or replacements for a full sized range. They use less energy, the heat up faster, they can cook faster if convection is used, they are easier to clean, and they can save you money over time. If you think that a toaster oven is good for just toast, then I urge you to check into what today’s modern models can do. You may just realize that a toaster oven can be a real benefit to your quest to cook fast delicious meals without a lot of work.